Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What will happen on May 21, 2011 ?

Truth.ws Admin

I've been thinking about this subject for the past week. Mostly ignoring it- now I am writing about it. With less than 72 hours away, I wonder what will happen. Will the house I live in suddenly careen into a huge sinkhole? Or will I suddenly be plucked from my car while driving down the highway while escaping from flesh eating zombies?

According to a 89 yr old Christian Broadcaster, this coming Saturday will be the beginning of the end. Harold Camping is not shy in making this prediction. His organization has purchased billboard advertising throughout the world. His radio programs carry his message of doom and gloom for those who are left behind. Camping claims that after the Rapture on the 21st, the next five months will be hell on earth for those left behind. I don't need a fear monger to tell me how bad life is for other people right this minute. Folks have to worry about their health, jobs and shelter. Look what happen in Japan and now along the Mississippi River. Their homes and even worse, their lives were destroyed. Do you believe any of them take Camping seriously?

Mr. Camping's prediction that our planet will experience a calamity so great that only 3% will be saved is not something I remember reading about in the Bible. Maybe I missed that number? I realize the Bible does list certain trials and tribulations that will befall mankind, however, I believe the Bible over an 89 yr old man who is obviously overjoyed with the idea of seeing our world being destroyed along with it's inhabitants being wiped out.

As a Christian, you would think Camping would not try to re-write the Bible. For in Matthew 24:36 it states the following, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father". So you see, I might not finish this post since no one knows when the end will take place and my friends... Harold Camping is not our Father and he's been wrong before.


5 comments:

  1. Dear Truth, Only God knows when the world will come to and end. I enjoy reading your articles and your view points are a lot like mine. See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    Thank you for your kind words. Also, I have adjusted the comment settings so that folks should not have a problem getting their comments posted. I appreciate that you sent me an email about that. If anyone else has an issue making a comment, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deus é grande meu amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe anyone would vote Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would anyone not believe?

    ReplyDelete

Search this blog and the web here

Popular Posts

DISCLAIMER :

The opinions expressed here do not reflect the views and opinions of Truth.ws. Use is intended for informational purposes only.